Interview with Aziz

"You just need to follow your instinct and don't be scared of other people reaction. If you like it, wear it !"

Aziz is 27 years old, he lives in Cologne and thinks of fashion as an art and as a way of showing himself to others. He has more than 10,000 followers on Instagram and posts his outfits on the social network every two days. Jacques Jacques Magazine asked him questions about his vision of style and fashion and also about the instagramers to follow for this year 2020.


© Instagram - @aziz.lem


JACQUES JACQUES MAG: What's your definition of style ? 
AZIZ: Everyone has a different kind of style, some associate it with art and some with music. Style, for me, means a way of how you want to show yourself.

Do you think you found your style ? 
Yes, I describe my style in three words: minimal, classy ans timeless.

Where does your inspiration comes from ? Who are you inspired ?
I let myself be inspired by many things; art, music and people all over the world. You just need to follow your instinct and don't be scared of other people reaction. If you like it, wear it !

What are your favorite brands ? 
My favorite brands are Cos, Arket, Weekday and also Uniqlo. I think these fashion brands reflect me.

You very often wear casual jackets or suit jackets, can you tell me why? 
Yes, I love suits ! To me, a jacket brings to an outfit the high point to finish it.

If you were a sneakers ?
I think Nike Air Force 1 or the Alexander McQueen.

If you were an accessory ? 
I think, I would be a ring.

On your Instagram account you don’t just post your outfits, we also have pictures of architectures, plants, objects, can you tell me about this ? 
Yes. There's actually no reason of it, It's just love. I love plants and architecture and it's for me a small addition to my account.

On Instagram you said that Maison Magliano inspires you a lot. Do you like or wear luxury brands ? 
I love many designer pieces, no doubt. But wearing designer from head to toe doesn't necessarily make you look good. It can look great but it often doesn't if you're just focused on just brands.

2020 is coming very quickly, which influencers do you recommend me for this next year ? 
Interesting, I think; Hyuk Soo Jung, Paul Binam and Felipe

Hyuk Soo Jung - © Instagram - @huecst_

Paul Binam - © Instagram - @paulbinam_

Felipe - © Instagram - @soy_raka

Can you give some spots you love in Cologne ? 
Yes, you can eat at Kittichai or Frittenwerk in Ehrenstrasse, Cologne. And you can dress at Weekday or Funktion Schnitt, these are very cool stores. 

Finally, quick questions: What's your perfume, your musical album of the moment, your artist and your current series ? 
Okay, alright; my perfume: Noir by Tom Ford, my musical album: Free Spirit by Khalid, my artist: also Khalid, about my series currently I'm watching Queen of South.

Follow Aziz


Interview by David Jacques Calvo

Popular Posts